12 May 2022
To comply with the Money Laundering Regulations, Carnglen Credit Union is required to obtain and hold up to date photo identification and proof of residential address for all its members. This information must be kept up to date. We have listed below some frequently asked questions from our members.
- Why are you updating Member Records?
Carnglen Credit Union is legally required under the Money Laundering Regulations to obtain and hold identification documentation for all its members.
- I have produced ID documents in the past; why am I being asked for them again?
We have reviewed our member records and have determined that we need to obtain a copy of up-to-date identification documentation for you as when you opened the account, the various account opening legislation was not as encompassing. All member information is held securely by Carnglen Credit Union and in line with Data Protection legislation.
- Will I have to produce documentation to Carnglen Credit Union on a regular basis?
You may be required to provide proof of your identity to carry out certain transactions. This is an anti-fraud measure, ensuring we know it is you who is carrying out the transaction. This measure is for the protection of your funds.
- My address has not changed do I still need to provide proof of address?
Yes. We are obliged to obtain up-to-date proof of this under the legislation.
- What do I do next?
Call in to our office with one piece of documentation for each of the requirements. The documentation must be an original document.
1. Proof of Identity
- Driving license
- Smart Pass
- Electoral Card
2. Proof of Address
- Correspondence from a utility company (telephone, gas, electricity, heating, oil).
- Correspondence from a Regulated Financial Institution (Insurance/Assurance Co., Bank, Building Society, Credit Card Co.).
- Correspondence from a Government Department/Body.
** Proof of identity must be valid
** Correspondence must be dated within 3 months at the date of presenting it within a branch.