Carnglen Credit Union’s loan book is open!
The two most important things about a loan are being able to borrow the money and being able to repay it. At Carnglen Credit Union we encourage you to manage your money carefully by structuring loans around your needs and your ability to repay.
Members can borrow for productive purposes such as a new car, a holiday, home improvements, debt consolidaton, general expenses. The list is endless! Try our loan calculator above for a quote.
How do I apply for a loan?
To apply for a loan you must be a member of Carnglen Credit Union Ltd.
- Loans may be approved by a Loan Officer or Credit Committee.
- In some cases you may be asked to provide a guarantor for your loan.
- You may be asked to bring your most recent bank statement for yourself/guarantor to support your loan application.
Why choose to borrow from Carnglen Credit Union?
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges
- Our interest rates are fair and reasonable compared to others in the market
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment
- Your credit union loan is insured – subject to terms and conditions – at no direct cost to you. Other lenders charge for this. Check out our Insurance page.
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you for repaying in a shorter timeframe!
- Loan interest rebate from surplus income
- The maximum borrowing available per member is £15,000.00 plus shares. (Subject to approval)
- There are several ways in which payments can be made to your account. These include paying at the counter by cash, cheque in account holders name, debit card or standing order from your bank account. If you are unable to get into the office, payment can be made over the phone by debit card.
Savings and Benefits of a Credit Union Loan
- Very reasonable interest rates
- Interest is only charged on the reducing loan balance – this means you only pay interest on what you owe
- Loan Protection Insurance to eligible members
- Easy repayment options by Standing order, Debit Card payments, Cheque and Cash payments.
- No penalty if you make larger repayments than agreed, make additional lump sums, or you repay the loan early.
- Repayment terms flexible to suit your personal circumstances. Repayments can be rescheduled if difficulties arise.
- No hidden fees or transaction charges
- Prompt personal attention from friendly staff
- Easy application process and speedy decisions