Become a Member
Become a Member Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
Carnglen Credit Union is a local, not for profit financial organisation specialising in providing a safe place for savings and loans in our community. We offer members the chance to have control over their own finances by making their savings work for them.
Why not become a member today – Please call in, ring us or click here.
To open a Junior account you will need:
- The child’s birth certificate or current passport
- A utility bill or bank statement with the parent/guardian name and address (must be dated within the last 3 months).
- Valid photographic ID for the parent/guardian
Advantages of a Junior account
- Annual dividend on savings
- Account is operated by the parent/guardian and the child
- Carnglen Credit Union is part of a schools saving scheme and currently operates in the following schools on a Tuesday morning: St Johns P.S. Swatragh, St Marys P.S. (Glenview)Maghera, St Patricks P.S. (Glen), Maghera.
This gives children independence by making their own deposits.
- Children receive a free gift when opening their account